Saturday, June 11, 2011

Attention Walmart Shoppers

June 8, 2011
Day #27
Westhampton MA to Middleboro MA  130 miles via US202, US9, US146,I295, I95, I495

Hotter than heck again today!  We took US66 over to Northhampton on the way out, such a charming town, too bad we didn't have time to look around a little.  We took the older route 9 across most of the state.  Yes, there are much faster ways, but the route was so much of what we grew up with and remember that we enjoyed it.  Jim's dad grew up in Ware, one of the towns we passed through.  Strange feeling seeing the mills where his grandfather worked and the city streets that his dad grew up on.  I'll bet if he was still alive he'd be pointing  out all the buildings while telling us all about his adventures growing up.





Never saw this before....and we've seen a bunch of Walmarts!

We stopped for a quick lunch at a huge Worcester Walmart and to pick up a few things that we seem to never remember.  I was impressed looking up at the parking lot lights, they have wind generator to provide power to them!  Wouldn't work at home, we have very little wind.   Inside however, all is the same, except it took me a couple of tries to find a person who spoke English to direct me to where the pet food area.  I was also glad to see that it isn't only the south that is home to the 'People of Walmart'...yeah, they got them here too!

So...I haven't had any problems with my teeth for years.  I went for my six month check-up/cleaning in late February.  But last week I noticed a little redness on the gum below a bottom molar and within a few days it got very sensitive to cold.  Doesn't it figure something will happened while away from home?  Now me AND the dog are on antibiotics!  Let's hope she and I can stave off anything major for a few more weeks, until we get home...

We went to the CVS pharmacy a few miles away to pick up my antibiotic and that's when we saw this 'mobile fish market'...interesting.  We'll be looking for him to be open so we can go inside and see what it is all about.



Tomorrow we will take a ride out to the end of Cape Cod.

1 comment:

Jan said...

LOL I had to laugh at your People Of Walmart comment. They are everywhere!